Sunday, May 10, 2009

Day One

Weight: 176

Today I decided to make the change. The change that will dictate how I feel about myself and how I will continue on in this life. I decided to get healthy. With several health problems in my immediate family, including heart disease and diabetes, I knew that I could accept that this could and would be my fate, or I could change how I ate, how I worked out and basically, how I lived.

I have always had body image issues, that date back to my late teens. I can clearly remember the first time I “dieted,” even though I didn’t need to. I was 130 lbs. and I played sports constantly. Even when practice was over, I continued to practice. Not because I had to, but because I wanted to. At some point, I got too busy for sports and that’s when the weight slowly started coming on. Eventually I grew so discontent with my life and how I looked, that I just ate, hoping that it would just all go away.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t work that way. Unfortunately, you have to exercise and you have to eat well to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I’m finally to a point where I want to be healthy, not for anyone else, but for myself. I want to stay in this life and contribute to it. To do so, I have to be healthy.

Here’s to health!

No comments:

Post a Comment