Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sugar, we're going down...

As I sit down to drink my glass of water, I silently lament the lack of soda in my hand. Yes, it is true. I am a soda addict. There is something so soothing about the taste of that sugery goodness flowing. But it is so bad for you.

Isn't the good stuff always bad for you? It's like bad boys, you know you should stay away, but there's just something...

Anyway, I'm limiting, if not removing all trace of Dr. Pepper from my life. It's nothing personal, Dr. P, I just can't afford the sugar intake anymore. Eventually you would lead me so far down the road of excessive fat and caloric intake, I would end up in a dibetic coma. Okay, so I exaggerate but it could happen.

Do you honestly know how much sugar is really in those sodas you drink? Let's take a look:









It's safe to assume that each of those sugar cubes are equal to 4 grams of sugar. The can of soda has 39 grams of sugar, the 12 oz has 65 grams and the 20 oz has 108 grams. That's how much sugar you are drinking when you enjoy one of those delicious sodas.

For a 2000 calorie diet, a person should not take in more than 40 grams of sugar. You get that in one can of soda. And that's the recommended sugar intake in ONE can. This isn't counting the sugar found naturally in food, which would mean, drinking one can of soda with a balanced diet can push your sugar intake for the day well over the recommended amount.

Excessive sugar is stored within the body as fat, for future consumption. If you are not excerising to a point where excessive sugar converted to fat is quickly used up, it means you are storing fat, creating unwanted weight gain.

From ONE can of soda!

Think of the calories and the fat you can shed if you eliminate that ONE can of soda a day.

Isn't it worth it?

I will admit, I probably won't give up soda altogether. It's like ice cream, every once in a while is fine. A daily habit will kill me, literally.

But I know whenever I sit down to enjoy that soda, that image of sugar cubes will come to my head. Somehow, I'm not sure how much I will enjoy that soda...

Carolyn's Beachbody Site

No comments:

Post a Comment