Sunday, May 10, 2009

Why am I doing this thing called BeachBody?

Honestly, why? When I joined BeachBody, I wasn’t sure I had an answer, other than the fact that I didn’t want to go to work in an office anymore. Oh, sure, losing weight would be nice, and making money? Well, bonus! But, as I grew with this opportunity, I started asking myself seriously, just why am I doing this?

The answer I got was numbing.

It all started long time ago, in a galaxy..wait, that’s not right. It all started when I was younger, when I would find myself wanting to try new things, and being told no. I wanted to participate in the talent show. I was told I had no talent. I wanted to take gymnastics. I was told I would just quit. I wanted to take violin lessons. I was told it was too loud. I wanted to be a writer when I grew up. I was told its a nice hobby, but I needed a real job. My entire life has been dictated by someone else’s negative, limiting beliefs. I said I would be a successful writer one day. I was told it wouldn’t happen, because Lawrence was my last name. We aren’t successful. It isn’t our luck.

Even if that was a joke, imagine being told that almost every day for your entire life. Don’t you think at some point, you would actually start believing it to be true? It’s the power of suggestion, used on an innocent mind.

That’s when it hit me. That is why I joined. It was something all the naysayers would balk at, but if I could prove I was a success (as well as lose weight and make money!), then there would be nothing that could ever be said to make me feel insignificant, unimportant, and more importantly, a failure, ever again. They wouldn’t be able to touch me. I joined BeachBody, maybe not for the reasons most do, but a reason which is important to me. It is my motivation.

I know that with BeachBody I can be a success. I have a wonderful team around me that constantly supports me, even when I start ruminating in the negative. They believe in me, which in turn, reaffirms my belief in myself.

However, I joined BeachBody also because I believe in the products. I have been a customer for years, and when I saw the opportunity, I knew this was something I could get behind and support. I use the products. I know the company. It isn’t like I’m investing time and energy into some random company. It is BeachBody. I know them.

Additionally, I joined to lose the weight, but I think in my discovery, I will be losing weight — emotional weight. And I think it is this emotional weight which has been plaguing me for years. Weight I’ve been carrying around for no reason. It wasn’t even my thoughts, it was someone else’s and I let their negative thinking affect me! I could just beat my head against the wall. How could I be so blind? All these years, right in front of me!!

But this is why I joined BeachBody. This is why I will be successful. This is why I want to help others find their own BeachBodyRevolution. Getting healthy is so much more than eating right and exercising. Its about getting to the root of physical, emotional and mental stressors which trigger the accumulation of weight. Honestly, weight is just a way of putting boundaries between your inner self and the outside world (at least, that’s how I see it).

I am my own Revolution!!

Team BeachBody

No comments:

Post a Comment