Sunday, May 10, 2009

Day Two

I have successfully worked out for the second day in a row, which for me is quite an achievement. I’m actually enjoying the feeling of sweat on my brow, listening to my ipod on the treadmill. My biggest problem is with food. I can exercising all I want, but the food I ingest is going to make or break me. Tonight I was bad and had pizza, but I feel that the rest of the day was balanced enough that I can have a little badness at one meal. I just can’t restrict certain foods from my diet immediately, and I would not advise doing the cold turkey method.

Most fitness trainers will tell you to allot for cheat foods in your diet, so that you don’t feel deprived. When you set yourself into the mindset of deprivation, you can also create a lack within your diet, causing you to falter. But, if you can master mind over matter, you can restrict items from your diet without creating a lack. I would suggest just slowly removing certain items from your diet if you feel you just simply cannot live without something. Allow yourself one meal where you have that item, so you feel that you are not dieting completely. Think of it as a treat.

However, this does not mean that you can eat whatever you want at every meal without consideration. Being healthy means being fit within your exercising regime and your diet. Increasing the consumption of healthier foods, good fats and removing all the high caloric, high (bad) fat, high cholesterol and foods low in essential vitamins and minerals (i.e. junk food) can ruin any hope you have for weight loss.

As with anything, you have to work your way up to your goals. I know I can do it, I just don’t want to give up certain foods just yet….can you blame me? But if I want to be healthy, they will have to be limited. Sad, but true.

No comments:

Post a Comment