Sunday, May 10, 2009

Spring is in the air

I decided today that instead of being indoors and sweating, I would go outside to enjoy the nice (82 degree) weather. I went down to the park, which has a track that follows by the river and curves behing the recreational fields. It was a rather nice afternoon, as I watched the little league games and the little kids trying to keep up with their running parents. It was rather nice seeing families out exercising together. I felt my heart skip when I saw the older couple walking in the afternoon sun. So sweet.

But in my mile and a half walk, I thought about a lot of things, which is why I so enjoy exercising. It so freeing to thoughts, just let it go and let it think. I thought my goals and dreams, the things that have been weighing me down, the things that I should be placing my energies into. The mind got such a clarity that I felt as if I was walking in the clouds. The sun against skin, the slight breeze over the river, it just reaffirmed my belief that the best therapy for an individual is exercise.

If I could bring YBB outside, I totally would.

I enjoyed my time outside, which I don’t do during this time that much (due to me being allergic to just about everything that blooms), it was a nice little adventure into a lovely spring afternoon.

So what did you do today?

Team BeachBody

No comments:

Post a Comment